Chris Guillebeau has never had a conventional job. He has never worked for another person as an employee. He has travelled far and wide, never tried to be anything but an entrepreneur. Chances are you have never heard of him. Its likely you have also not heard of Pamela Slim or Darren Rowse or Jonathan Fields. But thousands have and in less than 24 hours, they will descend on Portland, Oregon for the World Domination Summit (WDS).
WDS is the premiere destination for talented and creative entrepreneurs and those who celebrate them. The amazing guest speaker list includes aforementioned luminaries and many more who will be dazzling us with their stories of cubicle escapism, persuasion and rejection therapy among other topics. They were once the dreamers and now they are gathering to show us how they made their dreams come true.
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.
I am one of the lucky ones who gets to participate in this life altering event in 2013. As I pack my bags to head to Portland, here are some of my feelings and expectations:
- I am stoked to be meeting up with a group of exceptional people who coached alongside me last Fall.
- I am thrilled to hear some of my favorite authors and role models speak.
- I will be listening with not just with my ears, but also my heart.
- I will be tuning into the messages that will permeate the atmosphere. How will they affect my mission at Red Gram Living?
- I can’t wait to harness my stratospheric thinking.
- I am excited to connect with like minded entrepreneurs.
- I am eager to tour Downtown Portland.
- I am debating the cool gifts I can purchase for my children.
- Most of all I am determined to have fun!
I have recounted the beginnings of my entrepreneurial journey in 2012. However in reality, I focused on clarity and inner cleansing for several months before I truly started. I have been making large strides in the last month. I have divulged my feelings, aired the questions that have been haunting me for years. Now it is time to let inspiration take hold. Motivation has never been lacking, I am learning to channel it more effectively to take massive action.
I have several exciting projects in progress. But what I have been craving for is connection with kindred souls. If I can have one takeaway from WDS, that would be it. To have a heartfelt connection with extraordinary people who are already doing what I dream of today.
I have already been challenged to participate in a group contest and its been a blast. I can only imagine what else is in store for me! Allonsy!
Have you heard of World Domination Summit? If you were to attend, what would your expectations be?